4/16/09

Jessica Lea Mayfield: For Today

Jessica Lea Mayfield's MySpace page here.

Jessica on Wikipedia.

Video #1

Avett Brothers singing "For Today" here....

Youtube video... interview.

Guitar tabs here.

Jessica Lea Mayfield and Scott Avett.... here.

Chittlin...

FOR TODAY - LYRICS:I was walking with your left hand in my back pocket
And I stared at the sky while you kissed me
And you were running away, away from everything
And I stayed behind so you'd miss me
And all these words would sound so sweet
I could care less about you
Care less about you
And I love the sound of you walking away
And I can see clearer and I'm getting closer
To finding out to just who I am without you in the way
So hold me
But only for today
Despite my best ambitions
I get into the worst situations
But here I am crystal clean
And all my nights are lonely
The workers said you are phony
Cause there's nothing left to say
I know you say you can't live without me
And every single night you think about me
I could care less about you
Care less about you
And how I love the sound of you walking away
And I can
See clearer
And I am getting closer
To finding out just who I am
Without you in the way
So hold me
But only for today