11/5/08

Damien Rice: Volcano

I don't care if this is a cover.... I want to sing the female vocals on this song by Damien Rice: Volcano

This is an amazing song! Very powerful instrumentation....

Volcano lyrics:
Don't hold yourself like that.

You'll hurt your knees.
I kissed your mouth and back.
But that's all I need.
Don't build your world around volcanoes....
melt you down

What I am to you is not real.
What I am to you... you do not need.
What I am to you is not what you mean to me.
You give me miles and miles of mountains.
And I'll ask for the sea.
Don't throw yourself like that...
In front of me.

I kissed your mouth, your back.
Is that all you need?
Don't drag my love around..... volcanoes melt me down.

What I am to you is not real.
What I am to you you do not need.
What I am to you is not what you mean to me.
You give me miles and miles of mountains.
And I'll ask for... what I give to you...
Is just what i'm going through.

This is nothing new.
No no just another phase... of finding what I really need....
Is what makes me bleed.
And like a new disease she's still too young to treat...
Volcanoes melt me down.
She's still too young.
I kissed your mouth.
You do not need me.....